Now hiring: Community Manager
We are currently hiring a Community Manager (CM) to perform the day-to-day operations of our coworking space and community.
You enjoy wearing many hats. You’re a details ninja. You’re an event planning maestro. You’re the matchmaker in your social group and people are always coming to you for advice. You take great pleasure in supporting a busy office and always meet your project deadlines with ease and excellence. You’re completely at home when buried in a spreadsheet and can switch focus and give excellent customer service on a moment’s notice, without missing a single data point. You. Love. People.
The CM reports directly to the Director of Operations. This job is a healthy mix of administrative management, developing a community, marketing and events, and operations. As part of the Mox.E team, everything you do will be in the interest of creating and sustaining an authentic and thriving community and business.
Your days will be filled with:
- Working in concert with the Director of Operations to sustain a vibrant and thriving community of entrepreneurs, freelancers, startups and generally amazing people
- Data entry and data management, including managing duplicate data across multiple platforms
- Developing member programming that enhances our members' businesses, lifestyles, and our
- Maintaining the facilities to highest standards, allowing our members to feel pride in bringing their clients and investors into the space
- Technical problem solving when needed, including the ability to troubleshoot minor issues with
the printer, appliances and wireless networks
- Maintaining a consistently high hospitality experience for all members and guests of Mox.E
- Creating relationships with external partners in the business community and connecting members when appropriate
- Restocking the beverage and snack bar
- Managing the relationships and interfacing with our various vendors and partners with a
professional, friendly, and confident manner
- Processing mail and packages discreetly ensuring privacy standards are maintained
- You'll be cleaning, too—straightening up conference rooms, wiping up spills in the kitchen, collecting stray mugs and generally keeping the space neat and tidy for the members. (Don't worry, we have a maintenance team on board and we assign the deep and dirty work to them.)
- Collaborate with Overflow Coffee Bar for events, catering needs, private meetings, etc.
Here’s the qualifications you need to bring to the table:
- Love. People. (rinse, repeat)
- You’re the host with the most—anticipating our member’s needs and delighting in exceeding their
- You possess a superhuman ability to judge character so you’ll be able to recruit great,
community-minded members and will be tactful and diplomatic with every person who inquires
about the space.
- You can communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- You’re punctual, professional, thorough, and entrepreneurial; you’re a quick learning self-starter
that works well in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- You are highly organized and efficient with excellent time management skills; you prioritize tasks effectively when everything is happening at once.
- You don’t just show up to work at the office, you own the office, taking pride in managing every
little operational detail of your filing system, calendar, and inbox.
- You’re collaborative and engaging and like to work as a team; you’re also independent and get
the job done—no matter what.
- You’ve got at least two years of back office administrative management or similar.
- You can write a professional email, conduct research on the internet, use Facebook pages and
groups, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and you’re excited to learn the remainder of our systems.
- You are efficient with Office 365, CRM software tools, project management software, and in general are fluent with using online software programs
- You’ve worked in hospitality and have a demonstrated record of excellent customer service.
- You’re adaptable and innovative; you own your mistakes and move on.
- You’re a leader and you work well with introverts and extroverts alike.
- You’re a hard worker, humble and prefer to share triumphs rather than bask in the limelight.
- You have the ability to lift a minimum of 25lbs.
This is a 40-hour a week job with some nights and weekends required. Benefits include health insurance and vacation time. Our offices are in the South Loop, Chicago, IL.
To apply, please fill out an application here: https://airtable.com/shrHW7DfwYdg79xxt